By starting a local group you will:-
- Have your local group mentioned in Mass of Ages Magazine
- YCA is affiliated to Juventutem an international organisation,which organises trips to World Youth Days, pilgrimages and otherintra-national events. Details of these gatherings will be readilyavailable on the YCA website and the group site.
- Advertise your local group on the YCA website free of charge
- Help to raise the profile of traditional Catholicism at the local level - almost all youth/young adult groups in the UK are currentlycharismatic/non traditional in nature
- It's free
What types of groups could you have?
- The Rosary
- Eucharistic Adoration and Benediction
- (or a combination of the above)
- Or you could even run a Mass in the Traditional Rite under theaegis of YCA. To start a prayergroup/local group or to become a friend of YCA justsend an e-mail to Damian Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org with:-
-Contact e-mail address and telephone number
-The Groups name
See http://www.youngcatholicadults.co.uk/events.htm for more info on current groups/activities.
Friends of YCA
Or If you like parts of the spirituality of Young Catholic Adults whynot become Friend of YCA instead and still share it's spiritualbenefits. You can still organise a local group or activities in thesame way as a full member, or affiliate your local group as a Friend of YCA.
The International Juventutem Federation
People new to YCA are encouraged to officially enrol in theInternational Juventutem Federation. It costs just 7 pounds (10 Eurosper annum). To become an official part of this lay movement there arejust 3 commitments:--To offer a daily prayer for the sanctification of the youths(preferably psalm 42 Judica me).-To visit to the Lord really present in the tabernacle every week(can be done during Sunday Mass);-Every year (at least) goto Confession and attend Mass in the OldRite (if you can get to a Traditional Mass in your area), or partakein some other Faith activity such as a YCA retreat.To join goto:- http://www.juventutem.org/pages/en/home/application-form.php